The TES has announced the winners of its Independent School Awards 2021.
The awards celebrate the teachers and teams from independent schools across the UK that are making a difference to students and their wider communities. This year’s awards have highlighted the extraordinary work that schools have done in spite of Covid-19.
Winners include an 82-year-old headteacher who returned to her school to help during the pandemic, a programme to provide peer support for students’ mental health and a school whose online lessons were the bedrock of a “year of wonder”.
- Lifetime achievement award: Sylvia Grace, acting headmistress, Moreton Hall Prep School
- Student initiative of the year: Streatham & Clapham High School
- Whole-school community initiative of the year: Thorpe Hall School
- Strategic education initiative of the year: Harrow School Online
- Independent-state school partnership award: Bedales School
- Sports award: Orchard House School
- Wellbeing initiative of the year: Norwich High School for Girls (GDST)
- Creativity award: Wycombe Abbey School
- Best use of technology: Rugby School
- Marketing campaign of the year: Felsted School
- Pre-prep school of the year: St Peter’s School, York
- Prep school of the year: Saint Ronan’s School
- Boarding school of the year: Moreton Hall
- Senior school of the year: Notting Hill and Ealing High School (GDST)
- Independent school of the year: St Peter’s School, York