Head of Junior School - Haileybury Astana School
Closes: 26th October 2020
An exciting opportunity now opens up for an experienced, enthusiastic and committed educator to lead our Junior School (approximately 400 students aged 2-11 years) and contribute to the Haileybury Astana School Senior Leadership Team.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- - Passion and energy working with students, parents and colleagues;
- - Ability to lead teaching and learning;
- - A track record of effective leadership including strategic management;
- - Excellent knowledge of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 curricula;
- - Working collaboratively to successfully deliver specific data management;
- - The desire and ability to engender the best in others;
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders.
- - Applications are invited from experienced colleagues with a clear understanding of early years and primary education who are committed to supporting the Haileybury habits.
The successful applicant must be available to commence employment in August 2021. However, an earlier start would certainly be welcomed.
A generous package including a very competitive salary, annual gratuity, BUPA Global medical insurance scheme, full school fee remission, accommodation, and relocation allowance is offered according to eligibility.
Full details will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
A comprehensive information pack and details of the application procedure may be downloaded from:
Applications close: 8:00am KZ Time (GMT +6) on Monday 26th October 2020
Covid-19 restrictions mean that it is unlikely to be able to secure visitor entry for Kazakhstan. As a consequence, much of the recruitment procedure will have to be conducted by online video-conferencing interviews with both the senior team and other key stakeholders.
There will, however, be some face-to-face interviews:
- - Initial interviews for longlisted candidates will be held on 28th, 29th and 30th October 2020.
- - Interviews for shortlisted candidates with the Headmaster, Chair of Governors and other Board members will be held on 5th and 6th November 2020.
This programme is subject to alteration in the event of changes to the Covid-19 restrictions in London and Kazakhstan
Haileybury schools Kazakhstan retain the right for the post to remain open until such time that it is successfully filled.
All applications will be acknowledged. Applicants, who have not been contacted for interview by 27th October 2020, can assume that on this occasion they have been unsuccessful and are sincerely thanked by the Board for their interest
Haileybury Astana School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only
Haileybury Astana School is an Equal Opportunities EmployerApply