There’s no doubt about it, the recent hikes in the cost of living are a threat for independent schools as they will lead to many families having to re-think their finances and where they spend their money. It’s therefore more important than ever to be marketing your school well – to both existing and prospective families – in order to remind them of the value you offer and the benefits of that.
The team at The Stickman Consultancy have therefore created 5 Top Tips that are ‘Must-Do’ items for your school marketing to help your school succeed in 2022:
- Evaluate 2021. There’s so much you can learn from reviewing your marketing activities across the past 12 months – what has worked and what hasn’t. This insight is invaluable for guiding future decisions and understanding which elements to embellish vs. which to ditch.
- Be intentional. Following on nicely from Tip no.1, consider what you are looking to achieve with your marketing across the next year and define the steps (your Strategy) to get you there. Have a plan.
- Craft a crisp and compelling school story. Your story should reflect the brilliance of your school as well as excite your audience. Keep it succinct – in a competitive environment, it’s vital that your story can be understood in a nanosecond (less is more).
- Think creatively. In an increasingly cluttered environment, this is a year to get imaginative. Be bold and fresh with your marketing – push the boundaries, stand out and make your mark!
- Adopt an agile approach. In a turbulent marketplace, be sure to listen and respond to the changing needs of prospective families, and make a commitment to serve those families better than any other school in the land.
We can help you do all this via our exclusive online marketing and admissions course. Find out more here or simply email us at email@example.com.